Hello all! My time here in Canada has come to an end. God has blessed me in so many ways it is ridiculous, but I am so filled with joy that He did. What a Mighty God we serve! So I can't remember where I left off on my last post but I will start with last week.
On Monday evening of last week I went with Josh, Lisa, and the kids to Burnaby to meet the church group that would be working with us from powerplant. It was so cool to get to be apart of powerplant since that is when I first felt a call to be involved in church planting. The group we worked with were from Washington. We had a great time meeting everyone and getting to know other church planters as well.
On Tuesday we had a family day and Sarah and Jason decided to take me to Whistler since that is one of the places I hadn't been and still wanted to go to. Along the way we stopped at Shannon Falls a huge waterfall just off the highway on the While we were there we had a picnic lunch in one of the most peaceful settings! It was marvelous! After Shannon Falls and the picnic we loaded back up and headed on to Whistler. The drive was gorgeous, absolutely breathtaking. Mountains on one side and the ocean on the other. Once we made it to Whistler we went to Whistler Village to pick up a map and to seek advice on something cool we could do. We decided to go to Olympic Village and participate in one of the tours there. Well as we started towards Olympic Village it turned into an adventure and to say the least we drove an hour on 14 kilometers of highway back and forth between Whistler and Olympic Village. Finally we made it up to Olympic Village, along the way we saw a bear right next to the road. We got out and went into the visitors center and wanted to participate in the ski jump tour but they had closed it early so Jason and I decided to shoot at the biathlon range. That was such a cool experience and I love being able to say that I shot a gun where world class athletes also shot in the Olympic games. The day was awesome!
Wednesday was a lazy morning, but in the afternoon we went and worked with the group from powerplant laying sod in the yard that the Burk team had overhauled a few weeks before. Oh my goodness what a transformation! It has been so cool to see the whole transformation and to see God work in that whole situation.
Thursday morning I went to the morning powerplant training with Josh. During the training Josh asked me to share some of my testimony of how I got plugged into powerplant and how that had led to me to this point in my life of serving with one. It was really a cool experience and was fun having someone point out that this whole process of being involved with a church plant started in 2006 with a call from the Lord to work with a powerplant, then in 2008 getting to meet Sarah and Jason who were considering church planting and connecting with them, then in 2011 finally seeing God carry that call through and me being involved with a church plant. Crazy how God carried that call all the way through!
Thursday was my last night at Kids Rock. I am going to miss the kids so much and I hope you will continue to pray for these kids and that they will continue to learn and know the love that Jesus has for them.
Friday was my last night of youth and it was so much fun. I have also had such a sweet time building relationships with some of the youth. God is at work here and I pray that these youths heart will be open to the direction the youth group is going to go.
Sunday was my last COTR service. I was with the preschool and it is so sweet knowing that they have learned from me. The biggest thing I wanted them to remember from me this summer is that Jesus Loves them SO MUCH. Each week we would give ourselves a hug and say that really loud and it was cool asking them on my last Sunday, "Who loves you so much?" and them answering "JESUS!".
God has blessed me so much over this summer and has taught me so many things.
1) Depend on Him in everything you do! I can't do it on my own and worldy things will fade away but His love is ever present.
2) Pray, Pray, and then Pray some more. Prayer is the strategy, not just part of it!
3) Meet people where they are in there life. Do life with people, don't judge. We are the church, its not about the church building we are the body of Christ and we should be going out and loving on people, being the salt and the light to this lost and dying world.
4) God will be faithful if you just give it over to Him. God has answered so many of my cries for help and pleas to keep the rain away for kids rock. Throw your hands up in surrender to Him and he will answer. Not always as we see fit but he answers!
God is good and His love endures forever! Thank you for all your prayers and continue to keep Church on the Rock in your prayers! Pray especially for Sarah and Jason's visas to come through quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment