The title for this post comes from the Sunday message that Josh taught last night. Perserverance, in the Greek: Hupomone. These words sum up this past week and what it took to get through them: Enduring Patience. I also apologize in advance for this post being so long, but I felt it all needed to be told.
The week actually started on a fun note with a trip to sight see in Vancouver. This was my first trip into Vancouver where I would get a chance to see some of the sights that the city held. We went with a family that had come from Tennessee who are partners with COTR. We started our day by going to Lynn Park to hike and walk across the suspension bridge.
![]() |
| One of the waterfalls at Lynn Park |
![]() |
| Walking across the Suspension Bridge |
![]() |
| Looking down from the Suspension Bridge |
![]() |
| Me on the Suspension Bridge |
After we crossed over the suspension bridge we hiked through the park to a bridge where there were two more waterfalls. We of course had to make a few stops along the way so we could take pictures.
![]() |
| Levi hiking |
![]() |
| Levi playing peek-a-boo in a hollow tree |
![]() |
Levi showing me something interesting he had found
|
Once we finally made it to the bridge this is some the scenery. Of course pictures can't do it justice but it will give you an idea of just how gorgeous this place really is!
![]() |
| Looking out from the bridge |
![]() |
| Looking out from the bridge in the opposite direction |
![]() |
| Looking down from the bridge, this is where you could see the waterfalls |
![]() |
| Standing on the bridge |
After finishing the hike at Lynn Park we head to downtown Vancouver. We ate lunch at the market, which was a very neat experience. When then took some time to hang out on the pier before catching the sea bus and heading across the ocean to actual downtown Vancouver.
![]() |
| Fountain on the pier |
![]() |
| Mountain view from pier |
![]() |
| Some kind of contraption out in the ocean that I don't know what it is |
![]() |
| Downtown Vancouver |
![]() |
| Me on the pier with Downtown Vancouver in the background |
On Tuesday we were preparing to welcome another team who was coming up from Sacramento, California. I worked on getting craft things together so that the team could help me cut out parts for the crafts for the next few weeks.
On Wednesday we welcomed the team that evening by having supper together outside behind the Arrington's townhome. After supper Josh went over the schedule for the rest of the week and into the weekend. It was going to be a busy time.
On Thursday everyone went different directions. Some of the team went out to the farm to build carnival games for the block party we were throwing on Saturday and so we could use them for other events, while others on the team went out to pass out flyers to promote the block party we were hosting Saturday for the community, while still others including me stayed at the house and worked on getting crafts printed and cut out so they will be ready in advance for Kids Rock. It was nuts on my end. I was not prepared to have to print out so much and get it all cut in a single day so my mind was shot by the time we got it all done. But oh my goodness what a blessing to have teams who are willing to help so I didn't have to cut out all the parts myself. This was just the beginning of the business of the day though. We still had Kids Rock that evening. As I mentioned in the last blog I was given the responsibility over set up and take down on Kids Rock on Thursday evenings and this was my first one in action, but after a busy day up to that point my mind was going in a million and one directions and I had overlooked some of the details. The Lord still blessed the time and I give thanks to Him for the extra hands we had to help with crafts and watching over the kids. This past Thursday was the best Kids Rock night to date for me. I had so much fun with the kids and just felt a renewed joy from the Lord just from getting to love on the little ones that are in my class.
Friday was another big day. I had stayed up really late the night before finishing up getting crafts organized into ziplocks so I slept in till about 9:30 which was wonderful also because it was raining and what a soothing sound when you want to sleep. After getting up and around I wanted to go out and prayer walk and pray over the airport where we had been invited to have a booth for the kids at Pitt Meadows Aviation Day. This was a huge opportunity for COTR and I wanted to make sure it was bathed in prayer. So I set out on my walk down to the aiport which is only a few blocks away. On this walk the Lord was so good and he revealed so many things to me and one I would like to share with you. As I was walking the Lord was revealing to me that my attitude had not been like that of Christ. He revealed that I was putting on a good face and pretending to want to do the work but in my heart I was not wanting to give it my all and just struggling with some things. In most cases I would have immediately picked up the phone and called my mom and shared with her the stuggles I was experiencing, but she is serving the Lord in Africa at this time and that was not possible. Then the Lord smacked me in the face and asked me why I wasn't just giving it all to Him, the One who is always with me, who never leaves me and will never leave me. For me this was such a huge deal because I hadn't really ever realized that when at home I look for comfort in other things instead of turning them over to the Lord and since being here has taken many of the things I turned to for comfort away the Lord is still there and always will be. I know it isn't always easy trust me just a few hours later the enemy was at work again and I lost my focus and turned to worldly comforts first instead of giving it to the Lord first, but when I did He worked it out. So with this story I encourage you to seek the Lord first and to pray for me that I will do the same.
Friday evening we had youth night which is always something I look forward to. It was a fun night of fellowship with the youth. I love getting to be apart of building the relationships with these youth.
On Saturday we started the day off in a sprint trying to get everything ready for the block party at 4. I started by baking a batch of cookies to take to make sure we didn't run out in case we had a huge crowd, which we were hoping for. We started setting up around 2 and since the team and the Betts family were here to help that part went really fast. Before the block party started Sarah and I went to run a few errands since we wouldn't have any time on Sunday. We started by taking a blessing bag to Maria who had come to Sunday evening services the previous Sunday. She was so kind and invited us in to chat for a bit. It was such a meaningful stop and I am so glad I got to be apart. When we had finished with our errands, it was time for my shift inside the bouncy house at the block party. I had so much fun getting to bounce with the kids (pics will come later). It was such a successful event and the teams as a whole had so many meaningful conversations and met a lot of new people.
Sunday was the last day of the busy weekend, but it was the busiest day of all. The day started at 8:45. We had to be out at the airport by 9 so that we could get everything set up and ready to go for the event to start at 10. The day went so well and again we were able to meet so many new people and promote the church so that the name of Jesus can be spread. The kids also had tons of fun we had one of the jump houses set up, we had our carnival games, and we had a craft table set up. After a long day in the sun (from 10-4) and many meaningful conversations later we had to pack up the stuff and head to Heritage Hall were we would again unpack the trailer for Sunday evening services. In between I had just enough time to run in change clothes, freshen my mascara, and grab my bible before we were off agin. Luckily set up at Heritage Hall went really quickly and I had a few minutes to chill before the service started. Again I was off from teaching this week and was able to be apart of the service. Again it was very refreshing to get to be apart of. After the service we again broke everything down and loaded it back up into the trailer. We had perservered through the week and the Lord was good!
![]() |
| Pitt Meadows Aviation Day |
![]() |
| Our Booth |
![]() |
| Carnival Games at airport |
![]() |
| One of the old planes at Aviation Day |
No comments:
Post a Comment